Monday, March 7, 2011

My Baby Can Learn to Read!


Featured above is an up-cycled hand-painted decoupage canister given to me as a gift at Bobby's baby shower by his Aunt Jessy (Eco-Friendly Freckles).  Here it is seen in my kitchen windowsill storing straws. :-)  I love it!  What an inspiration to raise a brainy baby. ;-)


After purchasing the first volume of Your Baby Can Read series and after skimming through How to Teach Your Baby to Read by Glenn Doman, I was motivated to continue this curriculum on my own by creating personalized word cards: some shown below.  I found the images online and printed them on regular cardstock. Easy and Affordable!


:-)

1 comment:

Jessica Woody said...

Wow, Andrea you are so resourceful and creative! I LOVE your homemade baby learning to read cards! Thank you for featuring my hand-painted upcycled decoupage canister "Brilliant Baby"...I am so happy to see you using it to hold straws in your window sill; it is definitely serving as a functional art piece. ;-)