Friday, June 10, 2011

Reminiscing Over Family Summer Fun - EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival



With summer being just right around the corner, I figured writing the first EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival of June on recollecting fond memories that I have spent with my family over the past summers would be a nice write, and hopefully a nice read too. ;o)~


Above I have posted a picture of my husband and I on our honeymoon in the summer of 2008.  We are playing on the beach in Cozumel; what fun that was!!!   Cruises are fun, but I am a big fan of road trips too.  I love the personalized family vacations the best.  I would love to talk about those trips to France, which were personalized and not schedule like they are with most cruise lines, but this regrettably would be changing the topic because of the trips I have taken to France with my husband they have all been during the fall season. ;-)  Anyway, SUMMER (getting back on track) ...  




Speaking of getting on track,  at the beginning of last summer I really enjoyed going on a hiking trail with my husband at a local state park when I was in my second trimester with our son, Bobby.  In the picture above, I am seen standing in front of the swinging bridge, which past this point would lead off to a primitive camping area; however, with it being hunting season, this area was closed from entry.  We still walked a good few miles that morning/afternoon though with a few rests/snacks in between; it was plenty fun.  We would love to go back with Bobby sometime soon. :-)

2 comments:

Jessica Woody said...

Awww, I love the picture of you and Robert in Cozumel...so ROMANTIC and fun! I also LOVE the one of you and "Bobby" (internal Bobby in your womb) in front of the swinging bridge at Green Leaf State Park...I hope I can be this active when I'm a pregnant mommy! ;-)

SarahBeth said...

I'll bet Bobby would enjoy that swinging bridge now! I, personally,would be scared silly!